Start your return for ↓ Free!
Federal tax returns are due soon! File your tax return today.
Finding the right tax preparation software may seem like a daunting task, but it can actually be very simple. Be sure to sign up with a company who maintains a secure cloud-based program that is easy for everyone to navigate and understand. Filing taxes is something everyone can do themselves, but it must be done on time.
Tips for filing Taxes:
- Begin your taxes with IRS Form 1040.
- Go to the IRS website. The IRS supplies situation-specific instruction publications for each and every form you will fill out. Use them to avoid errors.
- You can always call the IRS with your questions. They are unexpectedly very friendly and helpful!
- If your income is too low to owe any tax, you may want to file anyway. By filing, you can get back withheld tax dollars. You can also check to see if you qualify for the Earned Income Credit, which will pay you money even if you didn’t owe any tax.
- If your situation is not simple and straightforward, or if you own a business or are self-employed, consider going to a qualified tax professional. These preparers know all the loop-holes and may know of ways to decrease your taxes.
- File on time, even if you can’t make payment on the day you file. Penalties for not filing on time are punitive. This means penalties are far worse than simply not paying.
- Never falsify information on your tax return. The IRS takes this VERY seriously!
File Taxes and get your financial life in order today!